I know, I know, we’re not supposed to talk about that in public, right? Business owners: “Oh, you have to report cash sales?”
Okay, rather than getting all up in your face on that issue, I am happy to report there is a way to collect cash sales, account for them simply and completely, and then have a quick and easy record of what you owe for sales tax. All on the up and up. Efficiency, completeness, profits…and integrity.
The service I’ll be highlighting today is called Square. The Tunstall Organization, Inc. (TTO) is a Square authorized partner. TTO helps QSRs file sales tax, manage payroll, income tax filings…and bookkeeping.
Square. You’ve seen the little dongle, jack-looking thingy, right?
Besides Square, there are others: breadcrumb, vend, lightspeed, even paypal, etc., etc. There are actually many iterations on the POS out there, but there are a few things I like about Square for QSRs:
- Integration into Xero (the accounting system we use to service QSRs)
- Integration with Deputy and Zenpayroll for employee hours tracking and weekly payroll
- Real time reporting – hourly, weekly, monthly…very cool metrics
- Forward thinking design/features (applePay coming soon)
- Use easily on most devices
There are some things that might limit Square for your QSR, though:
- Inventory management is relatively light.
- Not sure how great multi-store operates
Killer feature: real-time sales tracking with visual reporting:
Reach out if you’d like to speak with us about how Square could potentially help you manage your QSR here.